Zombie groans and zombie moans

Shamble for Life!
Posted: 06 March 2012 09:20 PM   [Ignore]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-06

My company does The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life every year and we’re always looking to do new and interesting fundraisers with it. Every year the Relay has a theme, and this year it’s Hollywood & Movies, so I’m thinking—an outside event that runs all night and has a movie theme: what would be cooler than having a horde of zombies shamble through in the wee hours when people are tired and have their guard down?

I’m trying to figure out if this is a viable thing, and I have some questions. Let’s assume I’ll handle getting all the proper permissions. What I need to figure out is…

1) I’ve never done this before (though I hope to again!), would people really be willing to come, dress up, walk AND give a donation to our Relay team? Keep in mind that it’s over an hour from Philly (http://g.co/maps/h6unn)

2) Would I be expected to provide something in return? I mean, the event will be going on, and people would be welcome to join that, and I could probably also arrange for space to camp and frolic through the night. Would folks need more to be interested?

3) What’s the best way to organize zombies to be there? I’ll obviously set up a FaceBook event. Maybe I could hit the local college organizations and see if they would send people, although it’s May 18th, so it may be after school lets out. I could take flyers around to local bars about a month before if anyone’s had success with that. Are there other forums people know about or other ways you can recommend to drum up interest?

I guess that’s it for now. I think it would be mega-cool, I just don’t want to throw a party and have nobody come, you know? I’d love any suggestions folks can give.